Credit experts since 1899
Equifax Ltd is part of Equifax Inc., one of the world’s leading credit referencing agencies, and we’ve been operating in the UK since 1990. We’re well known for supporting our customers throughout their lives to understand their credit history. What you may not know is that Equifax's heritage extends back more than 100 years.
- Equifax Inc. – then called the Retail Credit Company – was founded in Atlanta, Georgia by brothers Cator and Guy Woolford in 1899.
- By 1920, it had numerous branch offices throughout the United States and Canada, and became a publically owned corporation in 1965.
- The 1990s saw Equifax Inc. expand into Europe and South America, as well as the launch of our first services for consumers.
- In 2002 we were the first to give UK consumers online access to their credit reports.
Setting the standards
Today Equifax operates globally, with bases or investments in 19 countries and insightful data readily at hand – enabling us to provide useful and relevant credit information to our customers.
Our customer focus
Since forming in 1899, one of Equifax's basic principles has been to always focus on its customers. This is as important now as it's ever been. In everything we do, we’re dedicated to helping you understand your credit report and score, and how to improve it.
Make sense of
your future by understanding your past
Get your FREE* Equifax Credit Report & Score
*Your first 30 days are free then it’s £14.95 per month. You can cancel at any time.
- Credit Experts
- What is a Credit Report?
- What is a Credit Score?
- How Credit Referencing Works
- Refused Credit
- Poor or Limited Credit History
- Coping with Debt and Job Loss
- Identity Theft and How to Help Prevent It
- Privacy in the Information Age
- How Relationships Can Affect Your Credit Score
- Lender Contact Details